Founder & President
Founded Precision Fitness: 2001
Meet Bill: Corrective Exercise and Human Performance Specialist, Registered Nurse, NSCA Certified Personal Trainer, USATF-Level I, USA Rugby Level 300
The Warm-Up: Lifelong learner and active member of numerous organizations to better serve his clients (see: The National Strength and Conditioning Association, The American College of Sports Medicine, National Association of Orthopedic Nurses, USA Weightlifting, USA Triathlon). As a recognized expert in the field of corrective exercise and performance, Bill has contributed to numerous publications and industry websites and has co-authored three books on fitness and performance. Elite athletes from the NFL, PGA, NASCAR, MLB, PBA regularly rely on Bill’s expertise to be successful.
- Buffalo, NY native, one of six kids
- Coached two Daytona 500 champions, an Indianapolis 500 and Indycar Series Champion, X-Games Gold Medalist, 4x Global Rallycross Champion, an NFL Hall of Famer and multiple Fortune 500 top level executives
- Deadlifts are his favorite strength exercise — after a pre-workout coffee and banana
- He has outgrown his fear of heights and loves to do some backpacking, mountain biking and skiing to get his heart rate going
BS, ASCM, EP-C, ASCM-HFI
Joined the PF Team: 2009
Meet Verun: Training Director, BS Exercise Science
The Warm-Up: Verun began his career at Precision Fitness as an intern during his college days at UNC Charlotte. He became a personal trainer because he watched his mother struggle with weight and joint pain and wanted to help change that story. Verun is a coach and a motivator and his training approach has proven successful with all populations regardless of fitness or performance goal.
- He loves the days at the gym when the floor is full, the doors are open, good music is flowing and great people are working hard
- Young Verun was always happy with a ball in his hands and would love to be the hero of any beach volleyball tourney
- Building strength = safety bar split squats; Increase heart rate = prowler sled
- He stands by his argument that This is Earl is the best TV show ever created
BS, CSCS and Facility Director
Joined the PF Team: 2002
Meet Dave: BS, Health & Fitness, NSCA-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
The Warm-Up: Dave started his career at the prestigious Duke University Diet and Fitness Center, while volunteering as a strength and conditioning coach to help world class athletes at the University of North Carolina. Dave also served as the Personal Training Director for the Lake Norman YMCA before joining Precision Fitness. He has extensive experience coaching young athletes to a higher level of fitness and athletic performance.
- Lover of deadlifts and squats … and Ben & Jerry’s Mint Oreo Cookie
- His go-to client exercise is any type of hinge or rowing pattern
- A “D” in accounting meant a pivot to PE and the start of a very successful personal training career
MS, LAT, ATC-L, NASM-PES, IACPFT, IASTM
Joined the PF Team: 2013
Meet Pierre: BS, Athletic Training, MS, Exercise and Sports Administration, NASM-Performance Enhancement Specialist, Licensed Athletic Trainer, Graston Technique
The Warm-Up: Most of his clients describe him as “Magic” but one in particular nicknamed him the Puerto Rican Punisher. As an athletic trainer, Pierre has worked with a variety of athletes from high school and collegiate athletes to amateur and professional Mix Martial Arts athletes.
- Best new client advice — Consistency is key
- Most likely to gift you the book Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- His go-to client exercise is 90/90 with reach
Joined the PF Team: 2019
Meet Montrel: BS, Kinesiology, Dayton School of Medical Massage, Upledger Institute Craniosacral, Licensed Massage & Bodywork Therapist
The Warm-Up: Passionate about awareness and self-care, Montrel is a versatile massage therapist who offers deep tissue, Swedish, reflexive, prenatal, and even an eastern medicine modality and spiritual alignment of cranial sacral therapies. Through the gentle manipulation of the bones in the skull, spine, and pelvis, the flow of cerebrospinal fluid in the central nervous system can be normalized. This removes “blockages” from the normal flow, which enhances the body’s ability to heal. Montrel also focuses on preventing repetitive motor injuries that occur from everyday activities.
- Native of Dayton, Ohio, middle child
- His best advice for a new client is: The breakdown of the body is just as important as the buildup
- He is a bit of an adrenaline junkie — free-running, white water rafting, he’s game
LAT – 4995
BS, Athletic Training, CPT
Joined the PF Team: 2021
Meet Lauren : BS, Athletic Training, NC Licensed Athletic Trainer (LAT-4995)
The Warm-Up: Lauren is a North Carolina native and recent graduate from Western Carolina University. Her Athletic Training internships gave her valuable experience from the University of Virginia and the Untied States Air Force Academy working with a variety of different athletic teams.
- Recently received her NC Athletic Training License (LAT-4995).
- Fascinated with what the human body is capable of
- Enjoys hiking and exploring national parks
- Loves checking out local restaurants
Mary Kay Jessen
Level 1 Certified Running Coach (RRCA), NASM-CPT
Joined the PF Team: 2022
Meet Mary Kay : BSN in Nursing, MS in Nursing, Level 1 Certified Running Coach and a NASM Certified Personal Trainer
The Warm-Up: Mary Kay has had a passion for health and the human body since college. She has seen the impact of nutrition, healthy movement, and rehabilitative exercise during her years as a nurse in the hospital, in the greater community, and in her own life. As an avid athlete she developed a passion for improving her own fitness, and found Precision Fitness as a client – which she credits to her continued ability to race and train injury free! She loves motivating clients and helping them remain accountable and believes a positive attitude and hard work are the keys to success.
- Multiple Ironman, Half Ironman, Marathon, and Ultramarathon finisher
- Loves spending time with her husband, two kids, and two dogs
- Avid traveler, RVer, paddleboarder, hiker, multitasker and coffee drinker
- Go to exercise: anything with med balls – great for power and eliminating day to day stress and frustration
Joined the PF Team: 2023
Meet Jamie: BS in Exercise Science with a minor in Coaching, Massage and Bodywork Therapist, NC#17146
The Warm-Up: Jamie gained a deep understanding of body movement and anatomy through her studies in college. She has since applied this knowledge to her massage therapy career to help teach clients about body awareness and alleviate long term pain. During her 8 years of experience in massage and bodywork, she secured the opportunity to work with the USA Weightlifting Medical Staff and continues to provide her services to high level athletes. Outside of work, Jamie is also a competitor in her own right. She recently completed a half ironman, competed in local Olympic Weightlifting Competitions, and finished a self-supported 360 mile mountain bike packing challenge known as the Trans North Georgia Adventure (with over 40K feet of elevation).
- Jamie grew up playing soccer overseas as a military brat
- Likes to shred the mountains just as much as racing the asphalt on her bicycles
- Enjoys taking her motorcycle out (she named him ‘Julio’)
- New client advice: Recovery and Awareness are the key to leveling up
Mental Performance Specialist
Ben Foodman, the official Mental Performance Specialist for Precision Fitness, specializes in providing performance psychology services to athletes and coaches. Holding two master’s degrees in clinical mental health and sport psychology & motor behavior, Ben is able to provide both clinical mental health treatment and mental skills training to help athletes achieve peak psychological performance outcomes. He is also a USA Weightlifting Level 2 coach, a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist as well as a tactical strength and conditioning facilitator through the National Strength & Conditioning Association. For more information about Ben’s services, visit his website.
Bob Driver is a board certified Emergency Medicine physician who has been practicing medicine for over fifteen years. He is certified in Advanced Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and is also a member of the Age Management Medical Group. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Duquesne University and his Doctor of Medicine from Drexel University College of Medicine. Bob is a founder of Spartan Medical Associates, that offers individualized bioidentical hormone replacement strategies and a concierge level of service that brings the expertise to you. To learn more about Bob, please visit his website.